Translate

Monday, September 4, 2017

Livin' Large! - but little quilting

I have not stopped long enough to blog - or quilt much in awhile. Much has happened...Summarized here (or skip below to a tiny bit of quilting). First is B-day Carrot Cake for me from my great Aunt Mimi's recipe (plus extra carrots, lots of pecans, golden raisins, and strawberries for topping, & a few more spices) already included pineapple, coconut, and lots of shredded carrots! YUM!!

DD graduated college in May and is now on West coast working for the year. Flyboy left for Iowa (of all places - who would have thought!) to UD to finish his degree. I had fun this spring traveling with him for college visits. He picked a great place. It will be fun to go visit there! Sweet niece got married in San Diego - beautiful bride!

Hubby has new job and so do I - well really mine is just an "interim" title added to all the other hats I already wear! We'll see what happens. Lots of hours for sure!

Since May we have hosted almost innumerable lovely guests in our home (word of mouth & Airbnb). Currently, hosting three semi-long-termers all private contacts, 2 university students for the year, & 1 professional (until Nov. 10th). Plus we have our first Workaway.info guest....So interesting!! - Definitely a travel approach that I will be trying out sometime in the future. I continue taking art therapy and palliative care courses as my "carrot" each week. Will do 12 hours for fall, including finishing practicum hours I began this summer - more FUN!

And... this is still on my sewing table. How could it have possibly been there for 2 years - come October!
 
Another small applique project was completed last month.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome back. I can relate to the quilt on the table for 2 years. I have several tables and machines and tend to forget what is there even though it is right in front of me every day.

الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.