I have worked a little on Bible block #1. The sun is sewn! I like it! I used paper piecing to make the rays and then have based for applique to the background.
CCC#27 Making progress - the 4 hearts emerged.
- It has been a long time since I actually did hand quilting. I needed to finish the border on this quilt originally begun for my now 22 year old nephew. It took a little time to get back into the rhythm of quilting but soon enough my stitches were flowing similar to previously quilted section of border. Then I was able to trim the backing/batting and now it it ready for the binding! I am very happy with it. Don't know why it took so long to finish. I think I just got bored with routine quilting of last borders once the fun - creative part was finished.
I still like the appliqued nursery rhyme characters and colors. It should be finished soon! And, a label is also in progress :)