Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

CCC - WIPs


Here is an update on my  s - - l - - o - - w  progress on the big Alice Criswell's #13 CCC block. (You can see it tacked up on top of the other CCC blocks where is patiently waits for me to grab it down and work on it - which I do from time to time.)

Below is the fabric and pattern for Adaline Gibson CCC #16. I am SOO excited to be making exact twins to swap one with Chris. The fabric is RJR "The Rising Sun" Smithsonian Institution Collection. It has been put aside waiting for a special project - and this is it!

It is still COLD here. We are not used to much of this. Local schools will finally resume tomorrow after 5 days off due to the big freeze. It is so unusual for the ice and snow to stick around so long but below freezing temps have not abated yet (7 degrees this morning). However, the sun shone today for the first time. So that got things melting.
Happy Sewing to All!


3 comments:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Wow, gorgeous fabrics for both blocks. Don't worry, you will eventually finish #13 :)

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

Ahhh - Thanks Carole! About the only time I work on this block (and most handwork) is in the evening. DH likes to sit in front of TV and if I sit there with him (and sew!) everyone is happy :)

Nancy said...

The evening is when I do most of my stitching too for the same reason.
I really like your fabric choices for both blocks.