Translate

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spinning Spools Quilt Guild Program

It was my pleasure to present a program on Quilt Blogging at the April meeting of the Spinning Spools Quilt Guild! When I offered the program, I was not sure if the more traditional ladies in my guild would be interested. From the show of hands at the meeting, no one had their own blog and few had ever visited a blog or even knew what a blog actually was. I do not want them to miss out on the fun, encouragement and friendship in quilting "blogland" so I designed a informational program, including a basic "How to get started" section. The program concluded with a brief "Virtual Quilting World Tour" visiting some of my favorite blogs and explaining some of the culture and unique terms used online.

I was surprised and pleased with how well the program was received and I appreciated the kind comments from members who spoke with me after the program. Thanks everyone! I hope you have visited my blog now and explored some other blogs to be inspired and meet some of the most lovely and talented quilters around the world!

 


4 comments:

Dolly said...

You were just the person to present this program. I remember when you suggested that I might enjoy starting a blog.....seems so long ago ! I am very glad that you encouraged me. Not only do I enjoy the interaction with other quilters, but it serves as a journal for me to look back at and see where I 'was' during different times over the past few years !

I hope that you shared my blog link with the guild !

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Good on you for encouraging other quilters to join blogland. Sharon and her CCC quilt got me started and it's been great making this quilt with other bloggers.

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

I wish I could have been there! I wasn't too keen on blogging to begin with, but it has become a habit - when I start something new I always get the camera out! Hasn't the social media world changed the way we communicate.

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

Thanks to all my bloggy friends for your enthusiasm and sharing technology enhanced quilting comradery and fun with others!