Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

Seeing Double! CCC Block #7

I really enjoyed sewing Chester County Criswel Quilt block #7 - again! I made a twin to swap. Now I need to figure out the inking - signature needed to finish it properly. Where will I find inspiration??? Somehow the color of photo is not quite right, block on left is more of a dark olive color (good color on previous post), other is deep green but you get the idea. It really was fun to make! I struggled not letting myself adjust the pattern to "fix" the lopsided leaf vein - but kept true to the quirky old time look. I'm still working on smooth inside curves. This block has me wanting to try to applique some feathered plume design. Humm... We'll see what comes next. Since I still have to wait weeks for block #9 to be published - I've got some time to think about it. How could I be ahead?? That NEVER happens!

2 comments:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Good on you for being way ahead!! These blocks are beautiful and #8 looks stunning.

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

Oops! I accidentally deleted the note from Jane when removing the spam posting. Thanks for your question.

"Your blocks are lovely! What sort of thing are you thinking of for signature?"

I want to come up with a unique signature design in the style of the original 1850s quilts. I'm going to try and look at some examples to get inspiration. Ideas?...